Ever thought about the things that happy people DO? Read ten things that supremely happy people do:
- Happy people surround themselves with other happy people. Joy is contagious. People are four times more likely to be happy in the future with happy people around them.
- Happy people try to be happy. When happy people don’t feel happy, they cultivate a happy thought and smile about it.
- Happy people spend money more on others than they spend on themselves. Givers experience what scientists call the “helper’s high.”
- Happy people have deep in-person conversations. Sitting down to talk about what makes a person tick is a good practice for feeling good about life.
- Happy people use laughter as a medicine. A good old-fashioned chuckle releases lots of good neurotransmitters. A study showed that children on average laugh 300 times a day versus adults who laugh 15 times a day.
- Happy people use the power of music. Researchers found that music can match the anxiety-reducing effects of massage therapy.
- Happy people exercise and eat a healthful diet. Eating a poor diet can contribute to depression.
- Happy people take the time to unplug and go outside. Uninterrupted screen time brings on depression and anxiety.
- Happy people get enough sleep. When people run low on sleep, they are prone to feel a lack of clarity, bad moods, and poor judgment.
- Happy people are spiritual.
(Provided by Ryan Morgenegg, Church News staff writer)